If you are a business owner or executive reading this blog, then you've probably already heard the advice to get a mobile website, and embrace mobile marketing, sometime around yesterday. But, if you're like a lot of your colleagues, you may be waiting to make the move for number of different reasons (need more money in the marketing budget, want to finish other projects first, etc.)
However, in 2013 there really isn't any excuse for putting off your mobile website any longer – or at least there isn't an excuse that outweighs the benefits. To get a taste of what we mean, here are five reasons you shouldn't wait any longer to get a mobile version of your business website:
1. The number of mobile users is too huge to ignore. More than 100 million people already access the Internet via smartphones and tablets, and mobile users are projected to make up 75% of all web traffic within the next few years. That means your customers are going online with iPhones, Kindles, and other devices, so you should be ready to reach them with a mobile-ready site.
2. Getting a mobile website is easy and cost-effective. As with all forms of technology, mobile web design and development carried a fairly steep price when it was new. Now, though, you can create a mobile version of your existing website (or invest in a new responsive web design) without doing big damage to your marketing budget.
3. Having a mobile web presence can lead to new sales opportunities. A mobile website isn't one of those things that you invest in just to spend money – because potential customers can use it on a daily basis, and it can easily lead to sales opportunities that you wouldn't get through a traditional, existing business website.
4. Mobile sites work well with your search and social media campaigns. Google and the other search engines have shown a preference for mobile-ready sites, since many searchers are using phones and tablets. Additionally, a number of apps can direct customers from your mobile site to your social profiles.
5. You don't want to fall behind your competitors who are already mobile-ready. Finally, you don't want to be the only business in your market without a mobile presence, only to watch your customers take their business elsewhere.
There is never a bad time to make an investment in your business, and the mobile Internet market has gotten far too large to ignore. Why not call the WebRevelation team today and let us show you how easy it is to get the mobile site you need to grow your company?